Thursday, September 2, 2010

MDA Fill The Boot!

I do apologize for not posting in a while, as I am now behind on it. I had a ride out a few weeks ago and it was probably my last ride out before school started officially. Like always, I was on Ladder 3. The day started off like normal with truck and equipment check offs; followed by breakfast and then regular station cleaning. We didn't run any calls during my time on the truck so it will be a short post. The day was pretty boring up until we went to do Fill The Boot. Fill The Boot is for MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association), to help Jerry's kids. Fire Departments across the nation participate in it. We worked the 1 to 5 shift at the local Walmart. IT WAS HOT!!
LOL! It was a lot of fun and was a very good public relations event. We ended up raising a lot of money. Afterwards the rest of my time at the 3 House was spent relaxing in the air conditioning and eating dinner. I did not take any pictures of the event but I still have some from last year. Also included is a picture of Ladder 3 sitting ready to go in the bay.

-Beau Doss

No comments:

Post a Comment