Friday, July 30, 2010

Oh how I love the old stories!!!

Sitting around the dinner table tonight with my dad and grandparents. The 2 generations of firefighters and me, hopefully the third generation! Well us three got to talking about Fire Service stuff and they were talking about different guys they remember. My grandfather then got to telling his old stories from when he was a TRUE smoke eater in Roanoke,VA during the late '60s-early '70s, I think. I love these stories because they are filled with humor and seriousness. I also just love hearing about how they used to do stuff with Alarm Boxes, Dispatch, Engine and Ladder Companies, Poles, and etc. It is always very interesting and you never want it to end. Every time I hear those stories, it makes me want to be a Fireman more and more and to keep on holding out the family tradition! I thought I would share this with all of you while it was on my mind.

COMING SOON: I am going to post along post on my dreams and plans of becoming a Fireman and about one thing that is holding me back from getting what I have always dreamed about!!

You go, We go.
Beau Doss

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome!! I did the same thing in my family only with police officers. Always fun and amazing to listen to the stories.

    ReplyDelete